What a start to 2018, my first award of the year. I have to thank the beautiful Nives Cavrić over at Travel Optician for this wonderful nomination, thank you so much Nives for thinking of me and please do check out her blog and follow her travelling adventures.
Awards are great right? I mean who doesn’t get a sense of achievement when someone recognises your work? I know I do, especially since I work for myself, there aren’t many opportunities for work recognition. I do keep any cards and sweet emails from customers who take 5 minutes out of their day to say “thank you” to me. Yes I am a self proclaimed “saddo” and I don’t deny it! If I’m having a particularly difficult or crappy day I dig out an email, note or card and remember how sweet that certain person was and you know what, it gives me that little boost, I dust off the negativity and get back to business. Receiving the Sunshine Blogger Award has given me that boost just when I needed it most.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
This award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging world with their writing. In our World of so much anger, hate and negativity we definitely need to be giving credit to those who give the finger to anything that is just downright hurtful. Call me a hippy but I’m all about spreading peace, love and happiness, you can count me in!
Now here is the serious stuff. You can either accept or ignore the award, however if you do accept the award you have to follow a few rules:
- Write a post about accepting the award, thanking the blogger who nominated you for the award
- Answers the questions given by the person who nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers who you wish to receive the award
- Display a selection of questions for those you wish to nominate for the award
- Comment on each of the nominees blogs letting them know that you have nominated them and give a link back to your post
- List the “rules” and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post
Questions from the Travel Optician
- Are you a full time blogger? In short, No. I run my own business called Crafty Bijoux, I’m also a wife and a Mum to 2 daughters. There aren’t enough hours in the day to be able to blog full time, not to mention it also isn’t financially viable for me to blog full time.
- How did you get into blogging? This is a tricky questions really, I just kind of thought “why not?”. I do enjoy writing, I remember loving to write stories at school and then changing my writing style when my studies took me into science. However since moving to France I thought to myself that I’ve been through quite a lot, my life has changed many times and I would like to share the positive changes and decisions that we made as a family in the hope that it could inspire or help someone else.
- Your favourite colour? Well I love all colours full stop, seeing vibrant colours just makes me very happy. There are 2 colours that I am always drawn to and they are red and purple.
- What is your biggest dream? This is an easy one for me, it is a dream I’ve had since I was little. I want to create a full range of products (cleaning, cosmetic, medical) that are 100% plant based. I can picture myself in on old fashioned style apothecary making creams, tinctures, balms, teas, sprays, you name the problem I will make something to fix it. My Pharmaceutical Sciences and a PhD in Chemistry definitely taught me one or two things but I prefer the world of plants and using them in their natural form to help us. As an addition to this I can see my little apothecaries attached to wellness centres where people can have tailor made treatments and leave feeling healthy and amazing.
- How do you pick up what you’re going to write about next? My blog ideas mostly, if not exclusively come from my own experiences as like everyone you know yourself better than anyone. My focus is on lifestyle and the small changes that can benefit you and your family, including my successes and failings and how anything can be turned into a positive.
- If you could appear in any magazine for your blog, which one would it be? Wow this is difficult as I’m not a big magazine reader, but it would have to be the Natural Health or Natural Living magazines as they are more in line with my way of living.
- What inspired you to start your blog? This is going to sound so big headed and it couldn’t be further from my personality, but in simple terms my passage through life so far inspired me to start a blog. I feel that if only a small piece of my writing can positively change the life of another person then I’m happy. I’m a nobody, I’m not famous and I’m certainly not rich enough to be able to impact another persons life financially, but I am a bloody good listener and I love mentoring. I say mentoring because teaching sounds too much like school and being lectured and that’s not what I want to do. I want to help through listening, giving advice (when asked) and most importantly willingly giving my time.
- What is a success for you? Success to me is happiness.
- What would you do if you didn’t blog? I would still be running my business as I currently do. I would have to do less of a balancing act that I perform now and the time dedicated to blogging would be used for more business development. Weekends and evenings are already dedicated family time and it is something that is never compromised upon.
- What do you do when you need to clear your mind? It can go 1 of 2 ways. If I can dedicate a decent amount of time to myself it would have to be spending time in nature. My favourite place is in a forest, but to be honest as long as I can see, hear and small plants and wildlife I can truly switch off and recharge. If I’m short on time it would be cleaning for the simple reason that I know exactly what to do, so no thinking needed and I get a fairly instant and successful result that puts in order something that to me looked out of order. The cleaning takes me away from whatever was bothering me for a short time and sometimes that is all I need, just a quick break and then I can refocus.
- Who has the biggest influence on you? This is a very difficult question as I’m not easily influenced by anyone. I feel like I should name someone well known and I know of plenty who I admire and keep an interest in their work, for example Mr Elon Musk. Had I ever the opportunity to work with someone who is so influential in the world of science and technology like Mr Musk, I could easily see myself being influenced by their thought processes, but knowing me I would be pushing the boundaries and wanting to test my theories too. Therefore in all honesty the people who have the biggest influence on me are my 2 daughters. They make me want to be the best Mum possible for them, to support them in what they do and to always be there for them no matter what.
- Sofia-Maria at It Happened Once
- Akhilesh Maurya at The Out of Box Salesman
- Meraner Michael at 197 Travel Stamps
- Mark at Meals with Mark
- Doug at Douglas R Hall Photography
- Erika at Erika Lancaster
- James at Millennial Thoughts
- Kyle at SuppleWhat?
My Questions to the nominees
Here are my list of questions to the nominees. I apologise for the weirdness and randomness of the questions but I wanted to shake things up a bit and inspire you to write a really great post. Seriously though thinking of the questions was actually quite stressful, I felt like I was a contestant on “Blind Date” and trying to think of something thought provoking to ask.
- If you could be any animal what would it be and why?
- If you could go back in time when would that be and why?
- If you could change one thing about the world we live in what would it be?
- What is the most influential memory you have that has impacted on your life today?
- If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would that be?
- The last train has left for the day and you need to call someone to come and pick you up, who would you call?
- If you were to have a film made about your life who would you want to play you?
- If you had the chance to move to another country to live where would that be?
- Invent or name a cocktail that best describes your personality. With or without alcohol whatever is your preference.
- You are hosting a dinner party and you can invite 5 people, who would you invite?
- Cheese or chocolate?
Congratulations to my nominees and I hope you have fun with answering my questions.
Love and hugs